Friday, December 21, 2012

Skulls, Glorious Skulls!


Who doesn't love skulls? I know I do, and so does my friend, Jacinta, a talented Australian interior designer who has started selling skulls in her online shop, Hookd.

Mod Skull
When I think of colourful skulls, the first thing that pops into my head are the beautiful, decorated skulls of the Dia de los Muertos festivites. The hand-painted, polyresin Mod Skull is a fun alternative to the Day of the Dead skulls whilst still embracing the element of bold colour in a skull ornament.





Glass Skull Vessel

Hookd also sells a clear Glass Skull Vessel that is not only aesthetically appealing, but also practical, holding all manner of things like flowers, herbs, pencils or keys.

You can never have too many skulls!



6 comments:

  1. I have found lots of skull ornaments for christmas trees this year. I regret that I didnt bought the black glittery one :P But I have some glass ornament skulls. Time to decorate the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh... a black, glittery skull sounds just divine, linnea-maria! I hope you'll post some photos on your blog of your skull ornaments.

      Delete
  2. A little glass skull with green parsley hair - yay! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Insomniac's Attic,

      Haha! Yeah, that skull's got quite the impressive parsley hairdo happening!

      Delete
  3. I just visited Jacinta's shop, and got a kick out of the "i-Wood". That's a nice marriage of old and new! I liked her glass skull description too: "The skull, by definition, is a great vessel for holding things…not least of which is your brain and your ideas…" :) I'll have to page through her shop some more. It looks like she's selling some cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justine,

      Oh, I know, the "i-Wood" is so adorable! If James was still little, I'd be snapping one of those up in a second. It's such a clever idea!

      Ha! Yeah, I love the skull description too, although sadly, there are people about who don't seem to be making much use of their skulls as a vessel for a brain and ideas. ;)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts and I always reply to comments so check back in a couple of days or click "Notify me" in the comment box to receive follow-up comments by email.