You Make Me SCREAM!! AwardI want to thank Jenny (above right), my blog buddy, and author of Memoirs of a Scream Queen blog, for kindly bestowing on me the "You make me SCREAM!!" award. Jenny is passionate about her horror and her enthusiasm is infectious. Go check out her blog, and her fabulous new series of features on infamous serial killers. She says she doesn't like dolls, but I think she's a total doll... a delightfully dark and creepily cute one, of course! ;) Thank you, Jenny!
You Make Me SCREAM!! Award rules:
1. Give a shout out to the person who gave you the award, along with a link to their blog.
2. Tell us 3 random facts about you that no one ever would have guessed.
3. Pass along the award to 1 person who you feel made a huge impact in horror blogging and explain why you chose him/her.
1. When I was 22, I moved to London, from Australia, for a few years, and while I was there, I worked in admin for Andrew Lloyd Webber's, "Really Useful Group". Truthfully, I find musical theatre, in general, to be a little cheesy, but this job was the most fun I've had working for someone else, and I made some great friends there.
2. My least favourite vegetables are brussels sprouts. I think they are diabolical. When I was a kid, I would sneak them off my plate when my parents weren't looking. I would hide them in my pockets, which had been carefully pre-lined with tissues, before flushing them down the toilet later. Amazingly, I was never caught out.
3. So far in my life, I've lived in three different countries (Papua New Guinea, England, Australia), 5 different cities (Port Moresby, Canberra, Melbourne, London, Sydney) and 15 different houses/apartments.
Annie Walls. Annie (above left) used her time recovering from a serious health issue to get creative and start writing, and now her debut novel Taking on the Dead, the first in her Famished Trilogy, is set for release. Like Jenny, Annie is one of my online friends, and I couldn't be happier to see her achieve this wonderful goal. Annie also has a Famished Trilogy Facebook page.
Annie, with the help of her flying monkeys (aka: Ked from Something WicKED This Way Comes blog and I,) will be hosting the May Monster Madness blog festival from May 1 to 7. There's still time to sign up over at Annie's blog, so just click on the May Monster Madness link above, or the button in the sidebar.
Ladies in BlackAnother three delightfully dark ladies have also passed awards on to me. From Lady Bethezda, I received the "One Lovely Blog Award", and from Le Professeur Gothique and Leena, I received the "Dark Sunshine Award". Judging by what I have seen on my meanderings around Blogland, pretty much everyone seems to have been tagged lately, so instead of attempting to scour the land for new recipients, I'm going to indulge in my customary rule breaking and simply focus on the bestowers (from left to right: Lady Bethezda, Le Professeur Gothique, and Leena). Thank you so much, ladies!
In their own words:
Lady Bethezda from Bethezda's Preoccupations Blog:
"Blogging on alternative/goth culture, makeup, fashion, kids, family and whatever else is on my mind."
(Lady Bethezda also runs a Facebook group entitled Ladies in Black.)
Le Professeur Gothique from Le Professeur Gothique Blog:
"I am the arranger of disorder with my strange and simple rules. These rules are the things that help me survive in the wilderness of life, which truly confuses and confounds me. Citizen of the world, goth, scholar, professor, maenad, tom boy, bohemian, ragamuffin, artist, deep thinker, foodie, wine snob, woodland pixie, pirate, tall ship sailer, dreamer, revolutionary, vision quester, witch, tree-hugger ... myself. I am multi-faceted woman from NYC whose interests and passions span the globe and travel time. I am ever on a quest to become more myself, to find the truth, to bend my mind, to deconstruct and re-construct, to learn, to teach what I know, and to experience life as fully as possible."
Leena from Luurankoja kaapissa Blog:
"I'm a gothgirl from Pori, Finland. I like horrormovies, I love painting, violet is my favorite colour. I'm engaged with my boyfriend Jani, we have 3 cats and 2 rats. Witchcraft is close to my heart. I'm pescolakto-ovovegetarian and I'm an animal activist."
If you haven't already discovered these bewitching bloggers, I encourage you to go and check out their blogs... now!
Since I've already shared a few random facts above, I'll just answer the Dark Sunshine questions. So here goes:
- Favourite colour: Black and deep red.
- Favourite animal: Cats!
- Favourite number: I don't really have one, so I'll say 22, which is my son's birthday.
- Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee! I'm addicted.
- Facebook or Twitter: I prefer Facebook because it's a more visual medium and I can get far more creative with it, although I find Twitter useful for keeping in touch with my online friends.
- My passion: First, my family and my cat, then, writing, reading, art, movies, and television of the spooky, stylish, intelligent, and tinged with dark humour kind.
- Getting or giving presents: Definitely giving presents. I really enjoy finding just the right gift for someone, and then wrapping it in a creative way. I'm kind of picky when it comes to what I like, so I prefer to pick out personal things for myself rather than getting them as gifts.
- Favourite pattern: Damask, stripes, or anything with a Victorian Gothic-y feel in blacks, whites, and greys.
- Favourite day of the week: Every day has the potential for making something delightful happen.
- Favourite flower: Pretty much anything deep red, but if I can't get red, then white. I like to have just a single colour when I put cut flowers in a vase.