Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On the Sixth Day of Creepmas, Great Pumpkin gave to me...

Christmas With The Addams Family

You just had to know that my beloved Addams Family television series would rear its creepy and kooky head at some point during Creepmas.

The Addams Family Christmas episode involved Morticia and Gomez dealing with the dilemma of a troublesome neighbour who had told Wednesday and Pugsley that supernatural beings like witches and Santa Claus didn't exist. In order to restore the children's faith, Uncle Fester agreed to pose as Santa, but when he got stuck in the chimney all the other adults in the household, unbeknownst to each other, donned the red suit and beard in order to save Christmas. The children, naturally, saw through the ruse, but in the meantime the real St. Nick had visited and left gifts for the whole clan.

Despite the sweet Yuletide theme to this episode, it retained its Addams Family essence. When it came to gifts, Wednesday was hoping for a new doll to decapitate, and Pugsley wanted a bow with arrows. The children also assiduously tended to the fireplace with a pair of bellows in order to insure Santa's trip down the chimney was nice and toasty.

10 comments:

  1. If I could ever choose an adoptive family, the Addams would be it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am snapping my fingers in order of the theme song... great creepmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would include the Addams family in this. Very awesome.

    Happy Creepmas, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting Christmas it would be spending it with the Addams family. I wonder what I would find in my stocking....hum?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is neat! Do u like The Munsters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dex1138,

    Oh yeah, me too!!

    Hi iZombie,

    Thanks! Anything to do with 'The Addams Family' is just an extra dose of dark fun for me!

    Hi Autumn,

    Classic indeed! I adore this show!

    Hi wicKED,

    Thank you! My favourite dark family never let me down!

    Hi Adsila,

    Haha. Yes, good question! Something extremely Creempmasy I expect!

    Hi Matt,

    Oh yes, loved 'The Munsters' too, but 'The Addams Family' have always been my special favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Addams Family - what can I add to all the other affectionate comments? They are simply The Best. Merry Christmas! ~Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Siobhan,

    Yes, they are the best! I know that you're a fellow Addams Family devotee!! Merry Christmas to you, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!