Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More Mad Monster Party

While researching the Mad Monster Party movie, I stumbled across this fabulous artwork by illustrator Dave Perillo. He created it for an exhibition in 2009,
called Creature Double Feature. The show, which was held at Brave New Worlds Comics, in Philadelphia, challenged the artists to interpret the definition of the
word "creature".

I have always loved the illustration from the '50s and '60s, and Dave's retro style
is very reminiscent of that period.  

The Mad Monster Party print is available from Etsy shop, Hen-N-Chicks (here). Amongst the other artwork in his shop are prints inspired by Edward Scissorhands, Dawn of the Dead, Doctor Who, and Alice in Wonderland.

14 comments:

  1. Thank god for Netflix , This should be a Halloween classic played every year like Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer .

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, it has never been shown in Australia, but I'm amazed that it isn't a Halloween staple in America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adsila,

    A spooky theme plus retro is irresistible for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... these characters are creepy in the cutest of ways! My favorite is the werewolf.

    By the way, thanks so much for the mask translation! I left you a comment about that on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the werewolf is cute. I'm kind of partial to the skeletons, as well! The invisible man isn't spooky at all, but he appeals to my sense of humour.

    About the mask translation... our pleasure! Danny doesn't get to speak Italian much, so it was a good exercise for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I want to read more about this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jason,

    Haha! Yes, it's a whole lot of freaky fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the monster old lady with the blue hair toward the bottom is supposed to be Phyllis Diller??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robyn,

    She's the Monster's Mate, and yes, she is voiced by Phyllis Diller. They made the puppet look just like her!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading this post, I got me a mad hankering for Franken Berries cereal!! Do they even make that anymore???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, you guys are so lucky... "Franken Berries Cereal"!! We have never had that in Australia. I'm going to have to google it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how retro it is! I can definitely see Edward Scissorhands, Dawn of the Dead and Alice in Wonderland. Not Doctor Who because I never really watched it! :-o And people tell me all the time that I am missing out & I believe I am!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Real Queen,

    The Doctor Who seasons starring David Tennant were fantastic! I'm not so crazy about the latest Doctor, Matt Smith, but if you get a chance to see any of the David Tennant episodes, you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!