Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blog Award

Today I received this blog award (below) from Miss Bobo of Rockinglicious blog, and I have been charged with the task of passing it forward to other blogs that I dig.

iDig Your Blog Award Protocol:
1 ) Gratefully accept this award. 
2 ) Link to the person you received it from.
3 ) Post 3 interesting facts about yourself.
4 ) Pass this award around to at least 5 blogs you dig. 
5 ) Notify them.



So, without further ado, I will get on with abiding by the award rules:

1. I gratefully accept this award.

2. A big thank you to the lovely Miss Bobo, of Rockinglicious blog (here),
for presenting it to me.

3. Hmmm... I don't know if these qualify as interesting, but they are facts:
  • I am an Australian, born to Australian parents, but my country of birth was Papua New Guinea. My father was working there as a lawyer,
    and I lived there until I was 3.
  • I am married with one son, and I say with all sincerity, that I have
    the best husband and kid in the universe!
  • I was obsessed with London as a teenager and moved there a few years after finishing high school. I lived and worked in London for almost
    5 years before returning to Australia.
4. I am passing this award along to the following FAB blogs with my gratitude
for their support and blogger buddyship:
  • Autumnforest is my firecracker of a blogging buddy. Smart, funny and compassionate, she is the mover and shaker of our corner of the blog world. A visit to her blog, Ghost Hunting Theories (here), has become
    a daily ritual for me.
  • Another of my blogging buddies is Justine, of Justine's Halloween (here). She writes fascinating and thoughtful posts on all manner of topics related to Halloween and arcane matters. We have a very similar, and slightly wicked, sense of humour, and I always enjoy the comments that she leaves on my blog.
  • Slowdeath77, of the Horror Smorgasbord blog (here), is a hardcore horror fan with a tough guy image, but he is really a teddy bear. His posts are infectiously enthusiastic and informative, and he is kind and generous.
    A total sweetheart!
  • Adsila, of the fabulous blog, Above the Norm (here), is also adorable, and I love it when she drops by my blog to visit with me.
  • LuLu Kellogg's blog (here), is warm, friendly and inspiring, and it's an absolute pleasure for me when she pops over here to leave her most welcome comments.
  • And last, but not least, is the Real Queen of Horror blog (here).
    Simply put, Zena is fun, effervescent, and mad for horror.
5. You're all fantastic, and have been duly notified.

15 comments:

  1. Awesome, good for you! I'm also going to be peeking in on these recommendations. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,

    Thanks! Miss Bobo was sweet to pick me but I think it's just a bit of internet meme fun. These guys all have great blogs to check out, though!

    By the way, I passed that Ouija information on to Justine's Halloween blog and she's going to look into it, so thanks so much for that!!

    Hi Max,

    Thanks, as well, but really it's just an opportunity for me to say "thank you" to a few fabulous bloggers who've been generous to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's a meme but also a lot like the banner exchanges from years ago. The one award we all want is "Blog of Note" from Blogger which would drive a ton of traffic to our blogs. Thank you though. :)

    Hopefully people will check out The Horror Cats and find some more of them for me to screencap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankkie Emma!! I pink puffy heart you!!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, sweetie! The admiration is totally mutual. You are the queen of goth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool that you were born in Papua New Guinea! It's always fun to learn new things about people after they win a blog award.

    Thanks for your nice words! "arcane matters" I love that. :) Yes, I'd agree that we have a similar, (slightly) wicked sense of humor! A tiny bit of wickedness never hurt anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is so cool that you use to live in London! I always wanted go there.

    Thank you, Emma! ^_^ I'm so happy you mentioned me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great blogs! Congratulations y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the mention. I love coming to your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dr Blood,

    The blog award custom is all strange and foreign territory to me, but I'll happily send whatever lovin' I can muster in the direction of the kitties!

    Hi LuLu,

    Right back at you!!

    Hi Autumnforest,

    Thanks! It gave me the opportunity to launch a little lovin' out into the blogosphere.

    Hi Justine,

    Yes, in fact some of my father's most freaky cases would have been in PNG, involving native magic and customs.

    And, you're welcome! Your blog is fabulous!

    Hi Zena,

    Yes, London was very cool and I do miss living there. That city will always have a place in my heart.

    Happy to mention you - you're adorable!

    Hi Robin,

    See, now this is why I'm no good at this! I don't like leaving people out. So I'll take this opportunity to say:

    I couldn't mention every blog I follow, but rest assured, if I follow your blog, then I love it, too!!

    Hi Adsila,

    Honestly, my OCD bubbled to the surface with this exercise. Haha. I was over-thinking the whole thing! (Sigh!) I was considering giving the 'award' to the Kickin' Up Dust! blog, since your book is coming out... so I will just do it now:

    Check out Julie and Sharon's blog about their upcoming book, "Kickin' Up Dust! (Getting Lost to Find Ourselves)".

    http://kickinupdustbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Native magic and customs from Papua New Guinea! I bet you could write an awesome blog entry based on those stories...If you remember anything about the magic and customs that is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, this is really making me think that I'm going to have to nail down some details from my Dad while he still remembers. I think I'll have more luck with this than the Ouija trial - I'm sure I've seen some of these cases written down somewhere.

    It's on my to-do list, now! You're right, I should do a post on this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad to have bestowed any award at all. however, thanks for the links I am actually looking through the blogs. And its awesome to know your homeland. I actually used to have fantasies living in London. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Miss Bobo! And they are all great blogs, so I'm glad I had an opportunity to mention them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!