Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Walking Dead

I first read about the AMC series, The Walking Dead, in a British Sci-Fi magazine and was immediately intrigued. Gore, in and of itself, has never been a major factor in attracting me to the horror genre, which might explain why I'm something of a latecomer to the zombie sub-genre, but The Walking Dead has me hooked. I find the characters and the science fiction elements of the viral apocalypse riveting, and every episode is just crammed full of tension.

So, now that I have become a bit of a zombie convert, I can't wait for the second series to start in October and, as is my wont, I already have a theory about the message whispered in Rick's ear.

2 comments:

  1. I love the show too. I use to read the comics like 2 years ago. I usually don't ready comics but once I saw the title in Barnes & Nobles that day I was hooked!

    Soooo what's your theory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the graphic novels so I don't know (and don't want to know) if the answer is already out there. Judging by my track record on 'Supernatural' last season, I'm way off my game when it comes to theories. My GUESS is that the survivors are all infected carriers of the virus, but I know nothing! Can't wait for Season 2 when I will no doubt be proved wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!