Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Addams Family Television Series 1964-1966

It would be no overstatement to say that I'm completely and utterly besotted with The Addams Family television series, from the 1960s. I always had very fond memories of loving it as a child, but regrettably it had fallen off my radar in recent times. All that changed last year, however, when my friend, Richard (Thank you, Ricardo!), gave me the series on DVD for my birthday, and... well...  let's just say, The Addams Family fanatic-within was re-awakened.

One of the unforeseen bonuses was that my son, James, took to it instantly. I had absolutely no expectations of him liking it, and in fact, I thought the black and white might be off-putting for a kid of his generation. But no. To my pleasant surprise, he finds the antics of Lurch and Uncle Fester hilarious, and he digs Gomez pouncing upon Morticia's arm with kisses every time she utters a phrase in French.

James has since watched the Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston movie versions, but although he really enjoyed them he thinks the original television series is better... that's my boy!

8 comments:

  1. That's cool that you have the DVD series! I'd love to have that...I've been hoping that it'll be added to Netflix. :\

    Very cool blog you have! Just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already watched the complete series, on DVD, 3 times. I just can't get enough of 'The Addams Family'!

    Thank you for the compliment on the blog. I really appreciate it!

    Actually, I thought your name looked familiar... I was only peeking at your blog earlier today. I'm planning to go back for a better look when I've got a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveee the Addams Family! Plus it was done in the '60s...what's not to love! Great blog.

    love,
    emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Emma! I love the 1960's, too, so The Addams Family is just perfection for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a smart kid. :)

    I own the DVD set of this series as well. It's so fun to watch over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I didn't even have to employ any subtle brainwashing techniques, either!

    Yes, it's great having the DVDs, so you can indulge your obsession whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I unapologetically confess that the theme tune is my ringtone, too! I'm beyond help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!